Building relationships in your classroom is incredibly important to how your class is structured. When you build the relationships with students, you will have more collaboration among your class and students.
Week 1: Building Relationships
- Overcoming Differences
- Learning about a friend
- Interests in Friends
- Asking Questions
Week 2: Making Friends
- 5 Ways to Make friends
- Talk to someone you don’t know
- Friends & Disagreements
- 2 sides of the story
- Friends being important
Week 3: Collaboration & Teamwork
- Define Collaboration & Teamwork
- Hog vs. Log
- How to Collaborate
- How to be a good team player
- Giving 100%
Week 4: Big Feelings
- Identifying big feelings
What is Included in this Resource?
- 20 detailed lessons
- Included in the lessons: Introduction, Discussion, Daily Activity, and Conclusion
- Weekly Picture Book related to the topic
- Toolbox with strategies to support students new learning
- 20 Days of a Daily Journal
- Bulletin Board (Interactive)
- Anchor Charts
About this unit:
1. It should take about 20 school days (a month) to complete. You can complete each lesson in 15 minutes, however you can extend it if you want.
2. All discussion prompts are included and you have all of your material included in the unit.
3. All the planning for SEL time is done for you and there is a weekly overview of the lessons.
4. This does align with CASEL’s SEL Competencies.
5. I would recommend this unit for 3rd-5th grade classrooms.
✅Be sure to Follow me so you know when I release all of my products.
✅Check out the blog !
✅ Follow me on Instagram
✅Get the Guide to Implement Guided Math in 10 days
Hugs & High-Fives,