Engaging your students reading can be made easier with these ready-packed 5-day read-aloud units, perfect for teaching the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade reading standards. With this year-long bundle you will get amazing back-to-school, seasonal and more meaningful read alouds focused on a specific skill for each book.
How do you find the book(s)?
It’s easy to find the books needed: just check out your local library! To add more to it, there might even be selected read alouds on Youtube that you can use to boost up the engagement level in the classrooms. You can also purchase the books at used book stores or Amazon.
What does each unit contain?
- Lesson Plans
- Overview of the book
- SEL Connections
- Vocabulary Words
- Before Reading Questions
- During Reading Questions
- After Reading Questions
- Extension Ideas
- A Book Talk (Mini Lesson Plans)
- Anchor Charts
- A Student Workbook which includes:
- 6 Extension Activities for EACH book
- 3 Writing Activities for EACH book
- Vocabulary Words (Hands on activity & Workbook) **Flotsam will have no vocabulary words**
- Graphic Organizers
What picture books will you need?
Current Released Units
- The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch
- You Wouldn’t Want To be On Apollo 13 by Ian Graham
- We Don’t Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins
- Whales by Gail Gibbons
- Flotsam by David Wiesner
- The Recess Queen by Alexis O’Neill
- The Watcher by Jeanette Winter
- Chester’s Way by Kevin Henkes
Moth Vs. Butterfly
Weird But True – Greek Mythology
Copyright © A Teacher’s Wonderland, LLC.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.