Teaching Self Awareness to your students can be a challenge. It can be even harder when there is no curriculum for you. Now, you don’t have to worry about the curriculum anymore because it is created for you!
Week 1: Identifying Emotions
- Green Zone
- Blue Zone
- Yellow Zone
- Red Zone
- Recognizing Emotions
Week 2: Personality Strengths
- Identifying all 6 categories of strengths
- How to self evaluate
- Make this personality your strength
Week 3: Communicating Emotions
- Communicating Emotions
- Emotion Chart
- Responding to Feelings
- Giving Feelings Names
Week 4: Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Growth Mindset
- Daily Affirmations
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Set Boundaries
- Own up to your choices
What is Included in this Resource?
- 20 detailed lessons
- Included in the lessons: Introduction, Discussion, Daily Activity, and Conclusion
- Toolbox with strategies to support students new learning
- 20 Days of a Daily Journal
- Anchor Charts
About this unit:
1. It should take about 20 school days (a month) to complete. You can complete each lesson in 15 minutes, however you can extend it if you want.
2. All discussion prompts are included and you have all of your material included in the unit.
3. All the planning for SEL time is done for you and there is a weekly overview of the lessons.
4. This does align with CASEL’s SEL Competencies.
5. I would recommend this unit for 3rd-5th grade classrooms.
Self Management Skills:
- Integrating personal and social identities
- Identifying personal, cultural, and linguistic assets
- Identifying one’s emotions
- Demonstrating honesty and integrity
- Linking feelings, values, and thoughts
- Examining prejudices and biases
- Experiencing self-efficacy
- Having a growth mindset
- Developing interests and a sense of purpose
- From: CASEL
Teachers like you said about our SEL Programs:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This has been such a great resource as it targets so many SEL skills my students are working on! I loved how simple it was to incorporate into our daily lessons and routines. It’s been so helpful!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Our morning starts with family meeting and an SEL lesson. This resource helped me extend on my lessons beyond what our curriculum provided. This was a great place to go back to when I was stuck or needed something to supplement that days lesson.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️SEL has been a big focus this year, and early on and during testing, my kids have struggled a bit with stress. This resource helped them develop strategies for managing stress, which will be so helpful as they move onto middle school.
You may also like…
No Prep! Class Meetings – Morning Meetings – Grades 3-5
Building Relationships – Grades 3-5 – SEL – Lesson …
Copyright © A Teacher’s Wonderland, LLC.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.